Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Vacations Are Good for the Soul

Vacations are good for the soul!

We had a lovely time in Florida. It was our first "family" vacation. My kids and I went with my sister and her kids -- there were eleven of us all together -- to Disney World.  Look out Mickey, here we come! It was truly a trip of a life time. And you know what... with all the exciting things to choose from, my favorite part of the trip was when all eleven of us would reconvene at a restaurant for dinner. Seven kids, four adults... it was a mad house, and I loved it!  We were all sooo excited to talk about our adventures of the day... and, after dinner there would be more to come, fireworks over Cinderella's castle, Fantsasmic shows, and Electric Light Parades. We didn't hit the hay until midnight most nights! It was awesome!  The clock doesn't count when your on vacation!
On our last day we drove to Cocoa Beach. I love the water.  I live on the Fox River here in Illinois, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Atlantic Ocean.  Something about the ocean just calms me, brings out my inner hippy and makes all the the worry disappear.  I came home a better person.  I realized that I need to get back to the root of things... do what makes me happy, instead of worrying about what everyone else is thinking about what I do or don't do.
It's funny how easy it is stray from the path of life that I want to lead?!?
The new me... reinvented!
Back to nature, the simple things, and re-enlist my focus for school.  Only one year left of grad school -- I can do it!
xoxo,
Nicky


No comments:

Post a Comment