Friday, June 15, 2012

Lincoln Park Zoo & North Ave Beach

Warning - Picture Heavy Post!
**Friday Fun Day **


My friend Julie & I decided that we needed an adventure... so we decided to head for the city! If I haven't mentioned before... and I probably do it again... I live in suburb of Chicago called Yorkville, Illinois. It's about 1.5 hours away from Chicago, so we don't get there much... but when we do it's like we're on vacation. It's so different from where we live.  Totally city!!

First stop... The Lincoln Park Zoo.


The whole time we were there all we heard from the kids was, "We want to go to the beach!" But then when we came up to a really cool animal they were all like, "This is so awesome!"


We found time to be silly!


And, athletic!


and, amazed!


After spending some time at the zoo we walked a bit -- over Lake Shore Drive -- to North Avenue Beach.


It made my stomach a little woozy to see all that traffic speeding under my feet!


But, this was the gold at the end of the rainbow,  Glorious Lake Michigan! The sand was like powder on the bottoms of my feet, the temperature was perfect, and there was a slight breeze blowing of the lake. Without any time to waste, we immediately found our spot and began doing beachy things!


Sand castle building was high on the list.


As the sun began to set, the long shadows reminded us that it was time to pack it in and head home.... but not without objection from four little beach goers!

Thanks for spending time with me today as I share some of my adventures. This is what I love most when reading the blogs of others and thought, "I had better add to the pool of fun with tales of my own!"  Good times.

Next stop... The Lake Geneva Wedding!

xoxo,
Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment