Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Many Works In Progress (WIP)

The Moods of Crochet!

Hello there ladies... It's such a lovely day here in the Midwest. 75 degrees they tell me on the news, and it's the end of October... how lucky can we get??

If you have been following me on my journey of finishing the Granny, here is an update...

It is getting bigger... slowly, but surely! And in my last post I mentioned that I was a little bored with it, tired of all those color changes, so ... I have decided, perhaps it was a revelation, that there is crochet for the many moods I have!?! The Granny is for when I'm firmly planted in my comfy chair, with lots of room to spread out. That way I won't get frustrated when I realize I haven't brought the right color with me when on the move, or when I'm having trouble finding my scissors because I forgot to put them in the bag. (I recently bought a spare pair just for these situations!) The Granny, I have decided, is a stationary project!

The next project is totally mobile. It's a one color wonder, and I can carry it with me everywhere! The picture doesn't give it the justice it deserves, as the colors are lovely. It is a very conservative blend of wheat, cream and grey. It is from Lion Brand Home Spun yarn, and the color is called Shaker. This particular brand of yarn is so soft and cuddly... I love it! I began this blankey a while ago, and you can see my first post about it here. It, too, has come a long way. But you have to be in the right mood to be a crochet machine, never changing colors or stitches... but there is a time and a place for it, and love it when I travel.

Since I can never have enough projects going at the same time, I have started a stripy sort of a thing last week. It hasn't made the scarf-like stage yet, but it's a fun one to make. There is very little planning involved. I decide what comes next when I reach the end of a row. Super simple and great when watching TV with the family.Now this one has the potential for living in both worlds - with the ease of mobility, as it doesn't have as many color changes, so it will travel well, and the interest of different colors and stitches, which I hope will hold my interest.

Now there is no excuse for not working on something! Except when I run out of time :)
Happy crocheting,
Nicky

16 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I like all three of your projects. The granny is really pretty. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/10/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, loving all three projects, your granny square blanket is gorgeous, I love your colour choice. I look forward to seeing more of the other two projects, I think I'd like to do a one colour blanket next.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm a multiple project kind of girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your projects! I have several on the go too, including a half finished scarf, which I am taking with me everywhere I go.
    You will love your new stripy blanket! I have done so many rows now on mine and I am still not bored at all.
    Have a wonderful week! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to have plenty to do! I love the colours of the stripy thing! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects all look lovely, your stripe is lovely I like the colours you have used, they look like a lavender field.

    I went out once without scissors, major pain. I ended up looking for the other end of th ball to make another square. I must have looked mad to passers-by while staring intently at a ball of cotton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many lovely projects on the go, just like me I can never have just the 1 project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its always good to knnow other people out there have more than project on the go- I can neve stick to one. They all look very nice I cant wait to see how your last one turns out, Im keen to try one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all 3 of your projects are just lovely. Variety is the spice of life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah for 3 beautiful projects! and you are very write about different projects for different moods or situations. That's why I always end up with 10 or 15 wips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three projects look great! The middle one looks nice and soft and squishy. I love the purple and green together. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the projects!

    We are also having wonderful weather here, in the day at least, but as the sun goes in it's perfect snuggling weather - I can't think of anything better for yarny-folk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your projects are looking awesome, I love the colours in your granny squares :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulously stunning. Love the colors you picked here. Off to make sure I'm a follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your granny square blanket is beautiful - those colours are so vibrant! I think with big crochet projects, though, it's great having other, smaller projects on the go as well - they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. One colour wonders are fabulous. One ball of yarn and one hook (or needles) - no scissors or multiple colours "just in case you might need one!"

    Love the granny squares they're really great colours :-)

    ReplyDelete