Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Eye of the Storm

Flowers make me happy!

Hello my Yarnish friends... as some of you may know, and I'm sure many of you do not, that I am a student of literature by day, and am a wife of one and mother of two by night. This is my last semester at Aurora University, a small, private institution with about 4000 students in attendance. I have titled this post as the "Eye of the Storm" because it is midterms this week... and for some unknown reason I am terribly calm! Normally I freak out because of all the exams to take and papers to write... but today, not so much. The semester is half over, only eight weeks to go and I am feeling quite relaxed in this middle moment. In December, I will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. I'm not quite sure what that will get me, other than having read some really good books :)

**********

Having some extra time, I have turned once again to The Granny 2.0, and I have realized that all the color changes are driving me crazy. It is NOT relaxing for me, at the moment, always changing colors. Just as I get all cozy in my chair I have to change a color. Its like work. I want to snuggle down and crochet long, luscious rows that have some substance to them. So... I have decided to put it down for a bit and start yet another blanket. Laugh if you want, but this is WIP #3. I took great inspiration from Jules at Little Woollie... Below is HER blanket...

Isn't it just lovely!!!! I think so. Her Ta-dah post can be found here. It is just wonderful. Instead of trying to be so neat and orderly, I am just going to crochet by the seat of my pants. Without rules, I am going to wing it. Which ever stitch strikes my fancy, I will stitch it, and with what ever color moves me at that moment... with in reason. I will post my beginnings of my new blanket, which has not even reached the scarf-like stage yet, tomorrow when it is light out.

Night night
xoxo,
Nicky

PS. Thanks Jules... where ever you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment