Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yarn Hop

I had some extra time, which doesn't happen to me often these days, so I decided to make the trip to St. Charles and check out this little yarn shop I had been googling over on the internet. Wool and Co. is only about an hour from my house, yet I can never seem to get there. I really hadn't a plan as to what I was going to buy, but I just knew that I needed to go... TODAY.

The town is super cute and has all the luxuries... cafes and coffee shops to get a tasty treat or a cuppa Joe, a theater, a music store, you know, the kind that sell actual instruments, and of course a store full of wonderfully, colorfully yarn! I would have loved to walked the town... antiquey stores, and quaint little boutiques to find the perfect gift for a treasured friend, but I was on a mission. I couldn't get inside the yarn store fast enough.

It was better than I imagined!
The first thing I wanted to do was touch everything!

It so reminded me of my grandmother's needlepoint store she had when I was a kid. It was called Pick-A-Stitch in downtown Naperville, Illinois. I'm talking in the late 70s... yikes! She too, had a big table in the center of the store welcoming any and all who wished to work on a project for the afternoon. Those chairs were always filled.

The yarns were endless...

And this one had the cutest little tag... All the way from Greece!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the sneak-peak inside my sorta local yarn shop...
Good times had by all,
xoxo
Nicky

PS. I am still working, slowly but surely, on the colorful The Granny 2.0!

I guessing that I am close to half way... I am most looking forward to the border :)

No comments:

Post a Comment