Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One a Day

Surround Yourself With Happiness

Where do you go to surround yourself with happiness if you're a crocheter? To Ravelry of course! The Ravelry site offers a wealth of friendly inspiration for people like me, you know...those who are just poking their big toe into a sea of wonderful.

While I was surfing, coffee cup in hand, some of my favorite, artfully inspiring blogs, Gingerbread Girl had a post about a group... One a Day... on the Ravelry site. This is great I thought, a group made to push me along to finish the never ending granny square by encouraging the groupies, myself included, to complete one square a day... hence the name... clever I thought.

I'm thinking that it's a group that you can just jump in, as some post people are on their 2nd week, and some are on their 4th, and I am now on my 1st. Tuesday is the day to reveal your progress for the week, so here goes...

I started The Granny back in the beginning of summer. I have 5 rows of seven squares completed and, as you can see in the picture, 2 squares finished on the 6th row. My intent is to have 9 ish rows, maybe 11 rows to complete the afghan. I think that when I get there, I'll know when I'm done.

So please join me in the Ravelry Group by clicking on the icon below, and don't forget to visit me next Tuesday for the Tuesday Tallies, my progress (I hope!) on the granny.

xoxo,
Nicky

13 comments:

  1. I love the colours of this gorgeous blanket.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us, your granny square is beautiful, such happy colours. I look forward to watching it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are just so rich and warm looking :) Glad you're joining in with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blanket and the colours are just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, terrific colors for this blanket! Yes, jumping in was right on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous blanket...you have a great eye for colour! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nicky. Your blanket is scrumptious and I love your description of "poking their big toe into a sea of wonderful" - so apt!

    Happy hooking!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your picture, your blanket looks amazing in this background. I love the colours you have used! This is going to be a wonderful blanket!
    Have a wonderful week! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for jumping in! I love your blanket, the colours are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have done rainbow squares, they're lovely and so cheery. It's a great way to crochet isn't it I'm so pleased to be well on my way to a Christmas present already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is gorgeous already, I love the colours and cannot wait to see it progress.

    Thanks for joining in with One a Day x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning colours - look forward to seeing your progress, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a gorgeous colourful pattern :)

    ReplyDelete