Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One a Day WIP-3

Hello everyone... Here is my "One-A-Day" update for those of you who have been following along. My stripey blanket won this week. I have completed 8 rows - Whoot! Whoot! This is my 3rd post, but actually week 4... I missed a week in there somewhere. You can follow the crochet clan along at Gingerbread Girl's Tuesday Tallies post on her blog.

I was so happy to read your comments last Tuesday about having multiple projects going. It makes me feel much more normal and less scatter-brained knowing that others subscribe to my ways of working. I just love being apart of this group. It's wonderful to take a sneak-peek at all the other wonderful projects that are going on too. Well done ladies!

My post is going to be short and sweet today as I have way too many pages to read before class tomorrow. But not too short to say that I hope you all had a great, and spooky, Halloween yesterday. We sure did. CJ counted 199 pieces of candy in his trick-or-treat bag. And Kelsey topped the 200 mark. Oh, how the dentists must love Halloween.

This week I have learned a new stitch... the popcorn stitch. It's really quite simple, just 5 double crochets in the same hole, and the pull them together. A real tutorial can be found here. I like the little bit of random texture it adds.

I got a bit carried away with the size. I haven't actually taken the time to measure it but... I think that when I'm done it will no longer be a cozy throw, but an all out coverlet for my bed. It's going to take months to finish!! I'm not sure about the Navy?? I have to look at it a while before I continue. It isn't supposed to match anything but... maybe it is?? Any thoughts? Is it too much? I'm on the edge.

xx
Nicky

14 comments:

  1. Its looking gorgeous! I think it will make a fantastic bed cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's massive!! Popcorn stitch is awesome, I haven't tried it but I love the look. Little Woolies blanket has it and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!! Are you using a pattern or just choosing a different stitch as you go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge...brave...beautiful! Keep going and you will have a blanket to be treasured for years :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is my next big project (on the list after the large granny square blanket and ten other things...), but I love these random colour/stitch stripey blankets. Welldone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks great, it's going to be huge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the navy. I've been gradually collecting some warmer colours like yours for a blanket next year and was thinking the other day that it needed a blue.
    These multistitch blankets that people are producing really make me want to get going straight away but I've got too much to make for Christmas (at least five projects on the go).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that looks huge! I love that stitch too and have a blanket in my favourites that is all bobbles!

    I like the navy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this blanket, the colours are great and I think the blue sits well there. I can't wait to see its progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, lovely blanket, I like the colours, strong but not like the brights a lot of people use (including me!) love the navy think it sits well with the other colours.

    Like others have said, love this style of blanket wish I had the time to make one too, but that would be madness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow beautiful. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is looking amazing, i love your little bobbly stitch! such character :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the texture. that makes it different, which is good :o)

    ReplyDelete